Professional Recovery Life Coaching
What is Recovery Coaching?
A recovery coach is a friend, companion, and advocate who wants to help guide you to achieve your goals in recovery. The difference is that this friend has been through the process of recovery and has the knowledge and information you need to expertly guide you on your journey.
We won’t tell you what to do or what we think you should be doing. That’s not our place. And, we can’t and won’t do the work for you, but we are here to make sure you do the right work, according to your recovery goals.
Who is Recovery Coaching For?
We help people who are in the earliest stages of recovery. We know that something has already happened to get you here, and we’re here to help you move forward and take back your life.
- You may be unaware there is a real problem
- You may lack confidence to change due to previous failed attempts
- You might view current behavior as positive or normal
- You might believe use to be under control or manageable
- You’re considering change
- You’re starting to considering consequences and implications of your behavior
- You’re visibly troubled by your current behavior
- You have started weighing the positive & negatives of current behavior
- You’re seeking information about current behavior
- You’re getting ready to change behavior, both in attitude and behavior
- You fully intend to change
- You’re attempting to regulating intake and specific behavior
- You may be making small changes already
- You’re actively making changes to your behavior(s).
- You’re modifying your attitude and responses to your behavior(s).
- You’re learning skills to prevent relapse or reverse you behavior(s).
- This stage normally lasts about 6 months if you’re working to change your substance use.
- You’re strengthening and sustaining changes.
- You’re practicing skills to prevent relapse
- You’re establishing habits and rituals to improve your life.
Congratulations on taking that all-important first step in creating a better life for your Self and those around you.
If you’re reading this then you already know the road you’ve traveled hasn’t been easy. I can identify with that because I’ve been there too. I spent years looking for answers in the bottom of a bottle. There came a time when I ran out of road and had to make a decision about how I wanted the rest of my life to unfold.
I thought about taking the easy way out.
Instead of taking that dark path I chose to fight for my life. I got sober, with a lot of help from friends, fellowship and a power greater than me. Once there, I knew that my work had only begun and I didn’t know where to turn to get the life I wanted for myself.
I got a coach.
Now I wish to return the favor and share what I’ve found in my path to rediscovering who I am, and what my purpose is. Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear, poor perception and self-limiting beliefs.
Let’s talk and see what the future holds for you!
“Paul has been helping me make sense of a very difficult life event that left me feeling anxiety ridden as well as hopeless. Paul has given me simple, concrete solutions to add into my everyday that helps me be the best me for everybody who is counting on me as well as just for my own peace!! I highly recommend Paul as a life coach to help you through lifes tough moments and to celebrate with you on the upswings!”
“Hey Paul – just picked up my 1 yr chip at the downtown group, & you were a big part of helping me get there, so Thanks!”
“I’m not a Grateful Dead fan, but what a long strange trip it’s been. I’m relaxed and at peace, which couldn’t be much more opposite than I was a year ago.”