What is Recovery Coaching?
A recovery coach is a friend, companion, and advocate who wants to help guide you to achieve your goals in recovery. The difference is that this friend has been through the process of recovery and has the knowledge and information you need to expertly guide you on your journey.
I won’t tell you what to do or what I think you should be doing. That’s not my place. And, I can’t do the work for you, but I’m here to make sure you do the right work, according to your recovery goals.
Who is Recovery Coaching For?
I help people who are in the earliest stages of recovery. I know that something has already happened to get you here, and I’m here to help you move forward and take back your life.
- You may be unaware there is a real problem
- You may lack confidence to change due to previous failed attempts
- You might view current behavior as positive or normal
- You might believe use to be under control or manageable
- You’re considering change
- You’re starting to considering consequences and implications of your behavior
- You’re visibly troubled by your current behavior
- You have started weighing the positive & negatives of current behavior
- You’re seeking information about current behavior
- You’re getting ready to change behavior, both in attitude and behavior
- You fully intend to change
- You’re attempting to regulating intake and specific behavior
- You may be making small changes already
- You’re actively making changes to your behavior(s).
- You’re modifying your attitude and responses to your behavior(s).
- You’re learning skills to prevent relapse or reverse you behavior(s).
- This stage normally lasts about 6 months if you’re working to change your substance use.
- You’re strengthening and sustaining changes.
- You’re practicing skills to prevent relapse
- You’re establishing habits and rituals to improve your life.
First and foremost, I want to thank you for taking the time to check out this page. #Grateful
Of the many things I’ve learned about myself is that my success in sobriety is directly tied to those I work with. Of course, I absolutely love what I do in helping people like you achieve successful and lasting sobriety, but if I were here just for your sake or I was somehow here to fix you then I would be some kind of self-important jerk and a prisoner of my own ego.
Rather than view you as someone I can egoically bestow my knowledge upon, I believe you are the most valuable resource in my recovery. I need you, maybe even more than you need me. Because of this unique win-win relationship that I know is true and possible, I invite you to have a conversation with me.
Let’s talk and see what the future has to offer us both.
“Paul helped me look at myself in a different way. I’m still not really sure how he does it, but he made me feel like a winner again.”Jenn S.
“Very happy and excited to continue working with Paul. Fantastic Job!”Marcel Q.
“Paul is the consummate pro. Always a professional and concerned about your results. You can’t go wrong when you have him listen!”Matt S.